Centre for Forestry, Agro-Forestry and Sustainability (CeFAS) is a non-profit Company Limited by Guarantee without share capital, registered with the Registrar of Companies and National NGO Bureau.
CeFAS commenced operating a social enterprise in Kitoba sub-county, Hoima district, in February 2017 with the vision to establish a vibrant agricultural resource and learning centre to support the community in and around Kitoba sub-county through market and value chain development of short-term and high value crops in the region, demonstrations of modern sustainable agricultural and forestry practices as well as projects concerning sustainable health and education.
Our Vision: A vibrant agricultural resource and learning centre.
Our Mission: To equip and inspire farmers and learners through exposures, demonstrations and trainings in sustainable agriculture and forestry.
Our Partners include
- Stiftung “Klima schuetzen – damit Kinder leben koennen” (Foundation “Protecting the environment – so that children can live”, Papenburg – Germany
- Enactus Mannheim e.V.
- BBS (Technical College) Lingen – Germany
- Bingo Foundation – Germany
- German Federal Ministry of Economic Development
- Hoima Catholic Diocese
- Mbaraara United Farmers Association
- Bunyoro Tulihamu Cooperative Society